As the title says, A port of Pixel Experience ROM is now available for 3 and 3T. You can get Android 9 on OnePlus 3 or 3T by flashing this port of the Pixel Experience ROM. With the help of this ROM, you will be able to experience the Android 9.0 on your device before the official release. Even though at the launch OnePlus promised to give Android 9.0 to 3/3T users but most of the times the Custom ROMs are lighter and can provide better UX. Talking about this ROM, The Android 9 Pie port for the OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T has just been released thanks to the work of XDA Senior Member JagravNaik. This is another port of the Pixel Experience ROM that updates these two devices. The ROM is considered to be in a beta state due to some known issues with NFC and encryption not being supported yet. However, tests have currently shown us that the following works quite well in this early beta release.
- Mobile Data
- Fingerprint Reader
- HW Buttons
- Alert Slider and Gestures
- Sound / Vibration
If you are the Oneplus 3/3T user with TWRP custom recovery then you can easily this Android pie ROM on your phone and enjoy all the new features of the ROM on your phone. Here is a full guide which you can use on your phone and install Android Pie 9.0 on OnePlus 3/3T
Install Pixel Experience on OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T
Download the ROM – Pixel Experience for 3T
Note – You don’t require GApps for this ROM as all the apps are already included.
Before you flash the ROM, Please make sure you have an unlocked bootloader, with TWRP recovery. Also Please take a Backup of your present files and ensure you have more than 50% battery before proceeding further.
Steps to Install Android Pie on OnePlus 3T
- Download the Android Pie and other files from the Download section and save all the files on your phone’s internal memory.
- Open TWRP Recovery by pressing Volume UP + Power button while turning the phone On.
- In TWRP Go TO Wipe > Advanced Wipe > select Dalvik Cache, Cache, Data and Swipe to wipe from the below of the screen.
- Now, Go to Home in TWRP and select Install Button. Locate the file you downloaded above and swipe to flash.
- Now Reboot the device and you should have successfully installed Android 9 on your OnePlus 3.
The first boot may take longer time than usual.
So were you able to install Android 9 on your OnePlus 3 or OnePlus 3T? Let us know in the comment section below!