The Nexus launcher just got leaked and is apk is out for everyone, but sadly it is not compatible with most of the devices. So today we will show you how you can install Nexus launcher on any phone no questions asked. The Nexus launcher will be the launcher coming on phones with Android N, so that means phones like Nexus 7 are going to come with Nexus launcher. Nexus launcher is minimal, simple and yet very functional. So let’s show you how you can install Nexus launcher on phones like Samsung Galaxy s7, s6, Motorola Droid, LG G5, etc.
Install Nexus launcher on any phone
Method One: By Installing the optimised apk
So the most simple and easiest way is to download and load the optimised apk which should work on most of the phones.
This should possibly work. Make sure to check Enable package loading from your phone settings (Settings-> Security). If you are one of those who still wasn’t able to install the Nexus launcher, don’t worry.Just follow the Method 2 and you should be good to go.
Method 2: By recreating Nexus launcher on Nova launcher
As the name suggests, we will be taking our great old nova launcher and turning it to look exactly like the Nexus launcher by Google.
- Copy those 2 .zw files (from the zip file above)
- Add a 4×1 Zooper Widget to your homescreen (add it to the top :P)
- Tap the widget to set it up, tap SD Card, select the new search widget skin!
- Add a 1×1 Zooper Widget to your homescreen
- Tap the widget to set it up, tap SD Card, select the little up arrow!
- Press the back button and you should be good to go!
Setting up Nova launcher-
Open Nova launcher settings-
- Select desktop, make sure width Padding & Page Indicator are “none” and Persistent Search Bar is disabled
- Open app drawer settings and set app drawer style as vertical
- Set drawer background color to white with 10% transparency.
- Scroll accent should be teal
- Transition animation should be Slide up
- Open dock settings and select shape as rectangle
- Change the tint to white, and adjust the transparency to 90%
- Go to gestures and input settings and choose Swipe up to App drawer.
This should make your home screen look exactly like the Nova launcher. XDA-developers did a video on the same explaining well so make sure to view the video as well.
Source – XDA
Use Google Search instead of Bing on Microsoft Edge
Indeed Microsoft has made a great piece of software, Microsoft edge is really a browser of 2015, It is fast, supports latest platform and is simple and user-friendly. Microsoft edge comes with Bing as a homepage as well as it is the default search, that means that whenever you type a search query in the address bar, it searches on Bing and not on Google. Even though Bing is not that bad but if someone uses multiple platforms of google, he would be using Google, So today I will tell you a simple procedure by which you use Google Search in Microsoft Edge’s Address Bar.
Use Google Search instead of Bing on Microsoft Edge’s Address Bar
Nowadays every browser use Open Search, It enables users to search from the browser’s address bar on your selected default search engine, so we would just be replacing the default search engine, which is Bing in this case to Google. So here are the steps.
- Open the latest version of Microsoft Edge.
- Click the three dots on the extreme right of the address bar.
- You will get a menu, click on “Settings”
- Once in Setting, On the left bar, CLick on Privacy, search and services. Scroll down and you will find an option called “Address bar and search“, Click it.
- then scroll below, In the Search engine used in the address bar, toggle where it is written Bing and change it to Google.
That is it, Now whenever you will type any search query on the address bar, it will be searched on google and not on Bing.
Have something to add to the story? Comment down below!
Fix Charging issues on Galaxy A50
Galaxy A50 is one of the best mid-rangers out there. With a 6.4-inch super AMOLED display with a resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels. It comes with Android 9.0 out of the box though it can be upgraded to Android 10. Samsung always fits the phone with the best hardware available on smartphones. When we reviewed the A50, we termed it as the Best Samsung midranger you can get. Recently, our A50 was starting to get some troubles charging and today it completely stopped charging. When searched online we found that many other users were also facing the same issue. We were able to get a solution and today we will be sharing how to fix the Charging issues on Galaxy A50.
There is no simple solution that works for all. You would have to go through all the solutions to see which one works for you.
Method 1 – Restart the phone – Charging issues on Galaxy A50
Well, this might sound simple but the One UI of Samsung could have a couple of bugs. I have gone through many situations where things like camera stopped working and with just a restart it starts working again. So one of the best options you have is to just go ahead and do a restart. When you restart your A50, it will first stop all the running operations including the ones stopping you from charging. When the phone is again turned on, all the tasks start from the startup position which hence clears the error that might be coming.
Method 2 – Update the phone – Charging issues on Galaxy A50
As said above, charging issues often occur because of the software. If your phone is still turned on, check if your phone has any pending update. If yes, then update it. This is the basic options that one must go through if their phone is not charging.
Method 3 – Charge while switched off
If your phone is not getting charged while it is on, try to charge it while it is switched off. This actually worked for a lot of people and could work for you as well. Sometimes the wall charger is not able to provide sufficient voltage to charge. As the phone requires energy to run, If the voltage is not enough, It will just not accept the charge. The best way to check this is by charging while the phone is switched off. If it is able to charge, then maybe try using a different wall outlet. You can also wait for some time as it is possible that the grid is doing some technical work because of which the voltage is low. By this time, you should have a reason as to why your phone was not charging. If not then continue reading below 🙂
Method 4 – Change the Adapter/ Cable
This may sound obvious but the culprit could be your adapter or the cable. To be honest, the quality of the Samsung cables is not that great. Mine got frayed within two years of us so there is a high possibility that your adapter or the cable is the root cause of your phone not charging. Here is the link to a good USB – C cable which is compatible with your phone.
Method 5 – The USB – C Port
With time often the USB – C port gets a lot of lint stored up in it. As the phone is always kept in our pocket, it pickups up little garbage from our pockets. To clean this, you can try blowing air onto your USB C port. If you are certain that the port is clean but it is still not working, it might just be that the port is damaged. For this, you can either go to Samsung service centre. You can locate a nearby store from here or if you are someone who likes to tinker with stuff, maybe try to replace it by yourself. You can get a full daughterboard for less than 5$ from Aliexpress.
How to – Screen Record on Samsung M31 Record Gameplay!
The newest midranger offering from Samsung is the M31. This device features an Amoled display along with a massive 6000mAh battery and not to mention the quad-camera set. The other thing that this phone excels at is the performance. With the new 10nm Exynos 9611 chip , it packs a solid punch to run any game out there in decent settings. It also has capabilities to record the gameplay in M31 as well as Screen record it.
Today we are going to see how you can use this performance to your its maximum by creating video content on it. To do so you will need a screen recorder app to show the activity you are doing. Whether you are making a tutorial for an app or you want to record your PUBG or Fortnite gameplay, this tutorial will help you to record your screen in full HD on yoursM31. I will be recording a video of my PUBG gameplay.
Screen Record on Samsung M31
- Go to Playstore and search for AZ Screen recorder or just click here.
- Install it and open it on your phone.
- It will ask for permission, grant it.
- Now you will get a floating circle on the left side of your screen of the M31. Just press the Red button which has a Video Camera Icon. Refer to the image below-
- Now once it has started, you can do all the stuff you want to show in your video and to stop it, You need to pull down the notification bar and press the stop icon on it.
- Now you will get a pullout with the video, to save it just simply touch the back button on your phone and that’s it.
How to View your Screen Record on Samsung M31
- Go to the gallery
- There should be a folder by name A-Z if not it could be inside the Collections folder.
- Now from here, You can either view it or share it across different platforms like Whatsapp or Youtube.
How to – Edit the Screen Record on Samsung M31
- Go to Playstore and download this app called Quik.
- This app is made by GoPro and I feel like it is the best app to edit any type of video.
- Now select your video and start editing it!
Search Our Lab!