No doubt, OnePlus 6t is one of the fastest phones available currently in the market. With the Snapdragon 845 and 8GB of RAM, it is as fast as any phone can be in this market. Even though OnePlus has never been famous for an ultimate camera but 6T is pretty close. Even the battery life is better than what most of the phones offer in the present market. However, with time, battery life decreases and sometimes it can go so bad that the phone is no more usable for a full day. It could be the issue, OnePlus 6t battery draining fast So let us have a look at all the possible solutions to this.
In this guide, we will show you the ways by which you can fix your OnePlus 6T battery life. This is for those devices which are not able to even last for a full workday. This means If you are getting less than 4.5 to 5 hours of battery life than you may follow this tutorial. If you getting a screen on time of more than 5 hours then this process will not make your battery much better. You might get a slight increase but don’t expect it to make a night and day difference.
How to Fix OnePlus 6t battery Draining issues
Check for Apps – OnePlus 6t Battery draining
Sometimes the biggest problems have the tiniest solution, phones consume battery because of the apps running on it requires processing power and to make the processor run, It requires the battery. So to fix it, We first have to see if some app is not consuming all of your battery. To check this, follow this procedure-
- Go to Settings
- Navigate to Battery
- Here you will see all your Apps that are draining your battery. It could be Facebook, Instagram or any other app. If it some unwanted app then just uninstall it, If not here is what you have to do
- Click on the app this is using most of your battery, In my case it is Instagram.
- Now go back to settings and go to the Apps section and click on the application list. Now click on the app that is draining your battery.
- Go to data usage and toggle background data. This will prevent app to use data in the background and hence will not run in the background.
This should fix most of your battery draining issues but sometimes, it is not about the apps but rather the battery itself is not good anymore. In that case, we have to calibrate the battery to make it like new and retain charge as it used to the very first day.
Battery Calibration – OnePlus 6t Battery draining
We would have to reset the battery cycle, to do so, follow these steps-
1. Let your phone die
2. Charge it while powered down to 100%
3. Turn it on, charge to 100%
4. Let it in charge for 20min even when 100%
5. Turn phone off charge to 100%
6. Go to recovery and clear cache
7. Charge the phone in power off to 100%
Now use your phone for two cycles and repeat this step once again.
This should calibrate your battery. Now check if your battery life has increased. Your battery should hold the charge for around 10-20% more than what it was doing previously. If you are still not satisfied with your battery then maybe its best to use your warranty and get your battery replaced from an official OnePlus service centre. You can also try to contact us and maybe we could help you further! Comment below and we will reply back ASAP!