Yesterday I was checking comments on of our article on OnePlus 6t and ALmost every other comment was mentioning about the issue they were facing on their OnePlus 6t US version. So I researched a bit more about the same topic and what I found was that there does really exist some issues with the bluetooth on these new OnePlus phones. I was trying to find the solution for this bluetooth issue with OnePlus phones since then and I think finally I have the solution. So today we will see how you can fix the issue of Bluetooth getting disconnected on OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6t. There can be different methods but I will be showing you the most robust yet the most simplest one.
How to – Fix Bluetooth getting disconnected on OnePlus 6/ 6t
OnePlus even though is growing at an exponential rate is still not even near to the software teams of Apple or Samsung. The Oxygen OS is one of the lightest ROM you can find on a phone and it works well most of the time, but sometimes it is not perfect as it should be. The OS itself has some bugs related to Bluetooth that can only be fixed by a system update that has to be done by OnePlus. The same is also discussed on its own forum here. So, does this means that we have to live like it is? well, not at all! There are a few workarounds which we will tell you here.
Most of the problems in Oxygen OS can be fixed with a simple restart and the same goes with this issue as well. A simple restart will most probably fix this issue. Yup, it does sound naive but go ahead and restart your phone. This will solve most of your problems on your phone.
Now what I’ll suggest is to bookmark this page and if you still get the same issue in future then come back and read the method 2.
Method 2 – Bluetooth getting disconnected on OnePlus 6 /6t
So the restart didn’t help, well, no issues. Just empty your cache and the problem should no longer occur again for a while. So how to wipe your cache? There are two methods and I’ll suggest you to do both.
- Open Settings – Storage & memory and scroll down to find Cache data. Tap on it and press OK to clear the cached data.
- Now, wipe the cache partition from the recovery menu.
- Turn off the OnePlus 6/6t, and then press and hold the Volume Up and Power button simultaneously.
- Release the Power button when the OnePlus logo appears, but continue to hold the Volume Up
- On the Android recovery screen, use the Volume Down button to navigate down to wipe cache partition and press the Power button to select it.
- Use the Volume Down button to select Yes — delete all user data, and then press the Power button to confirm.
- Wait for the reset to finish and press the Power button when prompted with the message to Reboot system now.
Now just use your phone and connect to bluetooth devices and it should not get disconnected at all.
The OnePlus 6T is the company’s most futuristic flagship till date with Screen Unlock on the immersive 6.41-inch Optic AMOLED display, class-leading hardware and meticulous industrial design to create the industry’s fastest and smoothest smartphone experience. It features the latest, most powerful platform, Qualcomm Snapdragon 845, with up to 8GB of RAM that creates an experience that continues to set the standard for performance.
If you are still facing the issue of Bluetooth getting disconnected on OnePlus 6 then let us know and we will forward it to OnePlus!
Use Google Search instead of Bing on Microsoft Edge
Indeed Microsoft has made a great piece of software, Microsoft edge is really a browser of 2015, It is fast, supports latest platform and is simple and user-friendly. Microsoft edge comes with Bing as a homepage as well as it is the default search, that means that whenever you type a search query in the address bar, it searches on Bing and not on Google. Even though Bing is not that bad but if someone uses multiple platforms of google, he would be using Google, So today I will tell you a simple procedure by which you use Google Search in Microsoft Edge’s Address Bar.
Use Google Search instead of Bing on Microsoft Edge’s Address Bar
Nowadays every browser use Open Search, It enables users to search from the browser’s address bar on your selected default search engine, so we would just be replacing the default search engine, which is Bing in this case to Google. So here are the steps.
- Open the latest version of Microsoft Edge.
- Click the three dots on the extreme right of the address bar.
- You will get a menu, click on “Settings”
- Once in Setting, On the left bar, CLick on Privacy, search and services. Scroll down and you will find an option called “Address bar and search“, Click it.
- then scroll below, In the Search engine used in the address bar, toggle where it is written Bing and change it to Google.
That is it, Now whenever you will type any search query on the address bar, it will be searched on google and not on Bing.
Have something to add to the story? Comment down below!
Fix Charging issues on Galaxy A50
Galaxy A50 is one of the best mid-rangers out there. With a 6.4-inch super AMOLED display with a resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels. It comes with Android 9.0 out of the box though it can be upgraded to Android 10. Samsung always fits the phone with the best hardware available on smartphones. When we reviewed the A50, we termed it as the Best Samsung midranger you can get. Recently, our A50 was starting to get some troubles charging and today it completely stopped charging. When searched online we found that many other users were also facing the same issue. We were able to get a solution and today we will be sharing how to fix the Charging issues on Galaxy A50.
There is no simple solution that works for all. You would have to go through all the solutions to see which one works for you.
Method 1 – Restart the phone – Charging issues on Galaxy A50
Well, this might sound simple but the One UI of Samsung could have a couple of bugs. I have gone through many situations where things like camera stopped working and with just a restart it starts working again. So one of the best options you have is to just go ahead and do a restart. When you restart your A50, it will first stop all the running operations including the ones stopping you from charging. When the phone is again turned on, all the tasks start from the startup position which hence clears the error that might be coming.
Method 2 – Update the phone – Charging issues on Galaxy A50
As said above, charging issues often occur because of the software. If your phone is still turned on, check if your phone has any pending update. If yes, then update it. This is the basic options that one must go through if their phone is not charging.
Method 3 – Charge while switched off
If your phone is not getting charged while it is on, try to charge it while it is switched off. This actually worked for a lot of people and could work for you as well. Sometimes the wall charger is not able to provide sufficient voltage to charge. As the phone requires energy to run, If the voltage is not enough, It will just not accept the charge. The best way to check this is by charging while the phone is switched off. If it is able to charge, then maybe try using a different wall outlet. You can also wait for some time as it is possible that the grid is doing some technical work because of which the voltage is low. By this time, you should have a reason as to why your phone was not charging. If not then continue reading below 🙂
Method 4 – Change the Adapter/ Cable
This may sound obvious but the culprit could be your adapter or the cable. To be honest, the quality of the Samsung cables is not that great. Mine got frayed within two years of us so there is a high possibility that your adapter or the cable is the root cause of your phone not charging. Here is the link to a good USB – C cable which is compatible with your phone.
Method 5 – The USB – C Port
With time often the USB – C port gets a lot of lint stored up in it. As the phone is always kept in our pocket, it pickups up little garbage from our pockets. To clean this, you can try blowing air onto your USB C port. If you are certain that the port is clean but it is still not working, it might just be that the port is damaged. For this, you can either go to Samsung service centre. You can locate a nearby store from here or if you are someone who likes to tinker with stuff, maybe try to replace it by yourself. You can get a full daughterboard for less than 5$ from Aliexpress.
How to – Screen Record on Samsung M31 Record Gameplay!
The newest midranger offering from Samsung is the M31. This device features an Amoled display along with a massive 6000mAh battery and not to mention the quad-camera set. The other thing that this phone excels at is the performance. With the new 10nm Exynos 9611 chip , it packs a solid punch to run any game out there in decent settings. It also has capabilities to record the gameplay in M31 as well as Screen record it.
Today we are going to see how you can use this performance to your its maximum by creating video content on it. To do so you will need a screen recorder app to show the activity you are doing. Whether you are making a tutorial for an app or you want to record your PUBG or Fortnite gameplay, this tutorial will help you to record your screen in full HD on yoursM31. I will be recording a video of my PUBG gameplay.
Screen Record on Samsung M31
- Go to Playstore and search for AZ Screen recorder or just click here.
- Install it and open it on your phone.
- It will ask for permission, grant it.
- Now you will get a floating circle on the left side of your screen of the M31. Just press the Red button which has a Video Camera Icon. Refer to the image below-
- Now once it has started, you can do all the stuff you want to show in your video and to stop it, You need to pull down the notification bar and press the stop icon on it.
- Now you will get a pullout with the video, to save it just simply touch the back button on your phone and that’s it.
How to View your Screen Record on Samsung M31
- Go to the gallery
- There should be a folder by name A-Z if not it could be inside the Collections folder.
- Now from here, You can either view it or share it across different platforms like Whatsapp or Youtube.
How to – Edit the Screen Record on Samsung M31
- Go to Playstore and download this app called Quik.
- This app is made by GoPro and I feel like it is the best app to edit any type of video.
- Now select your video and start editing it!
Search Our Lab!