Recently Moto g got the Marshmallow update and I was getting multiple requests on how to root the phone on Android 6.0 marshmallow. So today I will tell you the complete procedure of Root Motorola Moto G3 on Marshmallow. This will also include Unlocking Bootloader on moto G3 Marshmallow.
Root Motorola Moto G3 on Marshmallow
So first you need to unlock your bootloader, Now the process may sound like rocket science but it actually isn’t and the pain is just for once and you will never have to do it again.
Check out our Review of Motorola Moto G 3rd Gen
Unlock bootloader on moto G3
Please Note, I or Technokick does not take any responsibility of you Android device. Even though this method is tested and it works, still it may not work for everyone.
- Backup all your data.
- Switch off the Moto G 3rd Gen.
- Now Hold the power button and the volume down button at the same time for a few seconds till you see a black screen like in the image below.
- Now plug your Moto G3 to your PC
- Open Mfastboot Folder. Now in the window hold the shift key and right-click. Now navigate to Open Command Window Right here. Click it.
- Now in the command prompt window, paste the code you see below and press enter.
- You will see a bunch of text in the next line, right click and copy it.
- Now go to the Motorola Site. Create an ID or login.
- Paste the text you copied at first place and click Can this phone be Unlocked
- Now click on Request Unlock code, In just a few minutes you should get a mail with a similar code like before. Copy it.
- Now go back to the command prompt window.
- Write the text given below
- Now press Space and paste the code you copied from the mail you got. Press Enter
- Voila! You have just unlocked the bootloader of your device! Scroll down to know how you can root your device.
Root Moto G3
- Copy SuperSU zip to your Internal memory on Moto G3.
- Switch off your phone and boot into your bootloader mode by simply pressing the power and volume-down button at the same time.(Same way you did for unlocking the bootloader)
- Connect the phone with your PC.
- Rename the TWRP file you downloaded to “recovery.img”
- Now you will find folder, named “mFastBoot“, copy the TWRP file that is recovery.img there.
- Now navigate to mFastboot folder on your PC which you downloaded earlier.
- Right click while holding shift key and click on “Open Command window here”.
- Paste this code in the command prompt and press enter.
- Now you can remove the phone from PC.
- Now select recovery in the bootloader.
- Select ” Install from SD card”
- Now browse the superSu zip you added in the internal memory(Step 1)
- Select Yes to install it.
- Now let it install. Once installed, Quit the bootloader by pressing Restart.
- Congrats, You have successfully Rooted you Moto G3 on Marshmallow!
Source – Motorola Forum
Fix – OnePlus 7T not charging
The OnePlus 7t is one of the best phones available in the sub 600$ range. It provides great build quality, awesome display, and best specs at a decent enough price. With this, it improves upon the OnePlus 7 with a 90Hz refresh rate screen, some camera improvements, and faster charging. There are tons of other minor improvements, and it all makes up for a more refined and reliable overall smartphone. The 7T is an excellent low-cost flagship. However, some users suggested that they were facing charging issues on their OnePlus 7T. So we are going to have a look at how to fix OnePlus 7T not charging.
Solution – Fix OnePlus 7T not charging
Method 1 – Restarting your 7T
One of the best solutions for your device not charging is to just restart it. Even with OnePlus sometimes the software can become buggy, it can hang and just not accept any charge. The first solution is to restart your 7T by pressing and holding the power button for 5 seconds and press on shut down. Once it restarts, chances are, your phone will charge as usual.
Method – 2 – Installing any Pending Updates on OnePlus 7t
As said above, charging issues often occur because of the software. If your phone is still turned on, check if your phone has any pending updates. If yes, then update it. These are the basic options that one must go through if their phone is not charging.
Method 3 – Changing the Cable | OnePlus 7T not charging
OnePlus is another apple in a lot of terms and After Apple, OnePlus is known for week charging cables. The USB C cable can often fry at the ends and can cause the cable to dis-function. A bad cable can also short circuit the phone’s USB C port so it is best to use the cable in its best condition and replace whenever necessary. If your OnePlus 7T not charging, try charging it with another cable or another adapter. To be honest, the quality of the OnePlus cables is not that great. Mine got frayed within two years of us so there is a high possibility that your adapter or the cable is the root cause of your phone not charging. Here is the link to a good USB – C cable which is compatible with your phone.
Also Read: Asus ROG Phone Review
Method 4 – Turning on USB Debugging on the OnePlus 7T
If the restarting of the phone has not worked and It is not the cable then you should try the third method. This works only if your phone is turned on. Go to about phone in settings. Tab build number seven times until you see the dialog saying you are now a developer. After that go back to settings and now you will see developer options. Go to developer options and check the option saying USB Debugging. This will force the phone to accept everything from the USB port. This even though is used by app developers but can fix your issue.
Method 5 – Clean the USB – C port
Phones are often kept in our pockets and a lot of times pockets have lint in them. The lint can then build up in the speakers, mic jack or the USB port. Before going to a service center or doing an experiment yourself, just take a toothpick or a paper clip and try to get all your lint out. This will take some patience but there is a high chance it might work. This is because when lint is present inside the port, the cable is not able to get inside completely and proper contact between the pins is not made. So it is suggested to clean the port thoroughly.
Method 4 – Replacing USB C Port | OnePlus 7T not charging
If your phone is still not charging then its the port on your phone that has gone bad. If you are not comfortable opening your phone then it is best to visit the service center. You can find the nearest service center from here. If you don’t mind tinkering with your phone then here is the link for the USB port of OnePlus 7T. Buy it and replace it on your 7T. You can consult this guide for disassembly of your phone.
Were you able to fix your phone? Let us know in the comment section below 😀
How to – Screen Record on OnePlus 8
The OnePlus 8 is no more an affordable flagship in 2020. It is though cheaper than the main flagships, it still costs a lot. While its design refinements borrow elements from other flagships, it’s an undeniably sleek phone, with waterfall display edges and a punch-hole for the front-facing camera. It comes with a Snapdragon 865 and up to 12GB of RAM, the phone is high-performance despite costing notably less than most flagships, making it the cheapest 5G phone in many markets. Today we will show you the best way by which you can Screen record OnePlus 8. There are a couple of methods to Record Screen on OnePlus 8. One Uses OnePlus’s own screen recorder other uses an app. With Screen recording you can record gameplay eg recording PUBG, CNN, you can also record other videos you find on social media as well as you will be able to record stories of other people on WhatsApp/Facebook or Instagram. Having a way to Screen Record on your phone gives you a lot of opportunities to use it. Here are the methods by which you can Screen Record on OnePlus 8-
How to – Screen Record on OnePlus 8
Method 1 – Using Oxygen OS’s screen recorder
- Open you quick settings from the notification bar
- You will find a pencil icon with which you can edit it
- Find the Screen Recorder option
- drag it to your Active Quick Settings box
- Press Back to Save the settings
- Not Press the Screen Recording Icon and you should be able to record your Screen on OnePlus 8.
Hopefully, Screen Record on OnePlus 8 should now be possible, if not follow the method 2 below-
Method 2 – Using 3rd Part App
- Click here to download the recommended app for your OnePlus 8. This is a screen recording app which is supported by your phone.
- Now after installing the app, you will get a screen like this.
- Click on the Small Circle which has appeared on your Left side of the screen. Now what you’ll get is this.
- Click on the Center circle with the camera icon.
- Now click on Start on your phone.
- The video should start recording.
- To stop the recording, Go to your navigation bar and click on Stop.
Also Read: Best Bluetooth Speaker in budget
View the video you just recorded – Screen Record on op 8
Go to the gallery.
- In Albums, Go to the folder named Collection.
- Now you can share your video from here itself.
How to edit your Video you just recorded – Screen Record on OnePlus 8
- Go to Playstore and download Quik by GoPro.
- Now just select your video and start editing it!
Fix Charging issues on Galaxy A50
Galaxy A50 is one of the best mid-rangers out there. With a 6.4-inch super AMOLED display with a resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels. It comes with Android 9.0 out of the box though it can be upgraded to Android 10. Samsung always fits the phone with the best hardware available on smartphones. When we reviewed the A50, we termed it as the Best Samsung midranger you can get. Recently, our A50 was starting to get some troubles charging and today it completely stopped charging. When searched online we found that many other users were also facing the same issue. We were able to get a solution and today we will be sharing how to fix the Charging issues on Galaxy A50.
There is no simple solution that works for all. You would have to go through all the solutions to see which one works for you.
Method 1 – Restart the phone – Charging issues on Galaxy A50
Well, this might sound simple but the One UI of Samsung could have a couple of bugs. I have gone through many situations where things like camera stopped working and with just a restart it starts working again. So one of the best options you have is to just go ahead and do a restart. When you restart your A50, it will first stop all the running operations including the ones stopping you from charging. When the phone is again turned on, all the tasks start from the startup position which hence clears the error that might be coming.
Method 2 – Update the phone – Charging issues on Galaxy A50
As said above, charging issues often occur because of the software. If your phone is still turned on, check if your phone has any pending update. If yes, then update it. This is the basic options that one must go through if their phone is not charging.
Method 3 – Charge while switched off
If your phone is not getting charged while it is on, try to charge it while it is switched off. This actually worked for a lot of people and could work for you as well. Sometimes the wall charger is not able to provide sufficient voltage to charge. As the phone requires energy to run, If the voltage is not enough, It will just not accept the charge. The best way to check this is by charging while the phone is switched off. If it is able to charge, then maybe try using a different wall outlet. You can also wait for some time as it is possible that the grid is doing some technical work because of which the voltage is low. By this time, you should have a reason as to why your phone was not charging. If not then continue reading below 🙂
Method 4 – Change the Adapter/ Cable
This may sound obvious but the culprit could be your adapter or the cable. To be honest, the quality of the Samsung cables is not that great. Mine got frayed within two years of us so there is a high possibility that your adapter or the cable is the root cause of your phone not charging. Here is the link to a good USB – C cable which is compatible with your phone.
Method 5 – The USB – C Port
With time often the USB – C port gets a lot of lint stored up in it. As the phone is always kept in our pocket, it pickups up little garbage from our pockets. To clean this, you can try blowing air onto your USB C port. If you are certain that the port is clean but it is still not working, it might just be that the port is damaged. For this, you can either go to Samsung service centre. You can locate a nearby store from here or if you are someone who likes to tinker with stuff, maybe try to replace it by yourself. You can get a full daughterboard for less than 5$ from Aliexpress.
Search Our Lab!